NOC Support Engineer
Nonius provides the most complete Guest Technology solutions portfolio for a contactless Digital Guest Journey. All solutions are built in-house allowing highly integrated and competitive offers. Our technology solutions serve more than 536,420 rooms worldwide – in Hotels of the most renowned international chains and several of the most emblematic and recognized independent hotels. We also bring hospitality technology to other markets such as Outdoor, Apartments, Co-living, Healthcare, Maritime and other Sport and Leisure facilities.
Job description/ responsibilities
We are looking for a NOC Support Engineer to do support and maintain existing systems, participate in network implementation projects and analyse issues on customer systems. You will be part of a Customer Services team that is responsible for network systems implementation, maintaining existing systems and highly available network architectures that meet business objectives and SLAs.
This position is based in the city of Maia in Portugal.
- Customer Support:
- To do customer Support shifts;
- Execute support tickets/tasks assigned for/during the shift;
- Attend phone calls from customers or guests when assigned in the shift;
- Execute complex support tickets/tasks with the supervision/help of a Systems Engineer and/or Support Engineer;
- Execute preventive maintenance tickets/tasks assigned following the resolution guidelines/scripts;
- Execute project tickets/tasks coordinated by the project manager (Consultant Engineer, Shift Manager, NOC System Engineer);
- Coordinate support activities with field technicians;
- Propose improvements to the Work Instructions of the Customer Support area with positive impact on customer satisfaction and Team productivity/satisfaction;
- Comply with the defined Customer Support Processes and Work Instructions of the Customer Service Department.
- Technical Consulting:
- Execute project tasks/work orders assigned (this includes project tasks/work orders from projects not managed by him);
- Coordinate remotely project tasks/work orders assigned with field technicians and subcontractors;
- Execute project handover for assigned projects (including the technical report);
- Execute complex tasks/work orders assigned from customer support area for the products that the Consultant is a Specialist;
- Comply with the Technical Consultancy Area and company processes.
- Course/ Degree in Electronics or IT Engineering, Computer Science or a related subject;
- You must be a passionate for networking and telecom systems;
- Understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)-,
- Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model;
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools;
- Fluent in portuguese and english;
- Availability to work in shifts and weekends.
Nice to have
- Linux admin experience and shell scripting;
- Experience on using, configuring networks for own use;
- Other languages.
What's great in the job?
- Great team of smart people, in a friendly and open culture
- Real responsibilities and autonomy
- Expand your knowledge of various countries and regions
- Great career opportunity in a fast-evolving Technology company
- Contribute to the greater experience of millions of Travellers around the World!
What We Offer
A full-time position
Attractive salary package.
5 days / year, including
1 of your choice.
Health insurance provided to all employees.
Eat & Drink
Office with Staff kitchen with free beverages (coffee, tea, …).